Thursday, October 15, 2009

Let's Play

So, I love to consider myself a very peaceful person...peaceful being.  Yet, I love Robert Rodriguez's masterpiece film (at least in my opine), Desperado.  Is it 'cuz of Antonio Banderas?  Oh yeah!  That's part of it.  I love the opening song he does.  All that and he can sing too.  Ms. Hayek is memorable.  It has to be my favorite thing of Quenten Tarantino's ever when he tells that joke.  And who can forget Cheech Marin as the bartender?  And Steve Buscemi, too?  What a cavalcade of talent.  My favorite part:  two simple words.  Words that could be delivered a thousand different ways.  And yet, the way Antonio delivers them...that's right...priceless.  With that,

"Let's Play!"

...another game of six degrees of separation: YouTube Style.  I promise this session will be the last for a while where I include one of my son's videos.  Today we start with his newest submission to the YouTube phenomenon, which Chris titled, "Mr. Purpleman".



Video #2, Doing the Hoedown Throwdown



Video #3, Challenge Hoedown Throwdown



Video #4, Purple Man



Video #5, Why Women Scare Me



Video #6, Why Girls Don't Fart



Can I just say how much fun this was?  I can and am.

I didn't know Miley Cyrus had a dance called the hoedown in her movie.  Why would I?  I'm not a nubile 13 year old girl.  Was that mean?

And I got to meet someone named Charlie who appears to be some sort of British something whatever and enjoys making videos and doing crazy things.  And I like it.  I am going to contact Charlie now and challenge him to a game of Six Degrees of Separation: YouTube Style.  That should be even more fun.

And now I have been introduced to College Humor videos along with the four million other people who already knew about it and watched this particular video.  I'm just sad to see that our secret is out now.  Actually, I loved the video and found it quite original and entertaining.  There's another blog for anyone who wants to take up the gauntlet...become the Siskel and Ebert of YouTube.  I'll see you at the YouTube with my virtual thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment