Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's a girl to do on a rainy day when there's no cat with a hat to play with?

That's right!  Think up a new game.  A game I am happy to name,

Six Degrees of Separation:  YouTube Style

Here's how you play.

Input something in the search box once you have arrived at your destination (http://www.youtube.com).  Find a video you like.  Play it.  Then from related videos, pick another video to play until you have done this six times.  Now how related does the first video seem to be to the sixth video?

So, I have to (okay, I don't have to but I am) dedicate the inspiration for this blog to Daniel Sandercock, one of my Facebook Friends.  Besides being the inspiration for this blog, back in the day (7 whole months ago from writing this) he was the one person who took the time to help me figure out how to get a phot to show up for my twitter profile.  I know, I've come a long way baby!

Today he posted a video from WAY back in the day with Eric Clapton in it.  First, joy of joys it reminded me how much I love Eric Clapton and his music.  Second, when the video finished it showed 15 related videos I could click on and one of them was Eric Clapton and B B King performing Rock Me Baby.  Words cannot express how much joy I feel from the blues and these type of performances.  And it is amazing to watch the looks of pure bliss that make the videos so worth it compared to just the audio.

Now some hours later I have gone from related video to related video ending up watching a fake Ron Burgundy interview with Jim Caviezel, which I never knew existed.  It made me wonder what else might be on YouTube I had no idea about.  And why not make a game out of it?  And maybe even a blog?

So for my first official game play, I started by seeing if there is a video of Don Henley performing this version of Hotel California I remembered fondly seeing once when I was lucky enough to see him in concert in 2000.  Luckily, such a video exists.  It is below.  And then let's see where I end up with from there for my virginal outing.



Here's what I chose next for video #2



Here's #3




Here's video #4.



Video #5



 And I know no one likes a cheater, which I am technically doing by having the my video #6 be my video #6 since it is not one of the suggested related videos from the iPod video.  I am using my supreme ruler power to include as video #6 a video my son is in that was a school project.  It is a spoof on the Mac v. PC commercials.  So it sort of fits.
Enjoy!
P.S.  I didn't know video #6 would end up being what it is when I started.  That's the fun of it.  And my son's never had one acting lesson nor has he ever lived in the south.  Nice cowboy hat, though, don't you think?




And that's how it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment