Friday, January 22, 2010

Searchin' For A Rainbow

So today is day 6 of the great rain-athon in what will soon enough become a part of 2010 SoCal history.  Way back in time before this rain (okay barely a week ago as I write this), I was driving on Interstate 10.  At the west end of this amazing interstate highway, it curves right as you travel through a tunnel and "poof", "voila" (pick whichever seems more magical to you) as you emerge from the tunnel...there in all of its glory...the beach in Santa Monica...and you traveling north on the PCH toward Pacific Palisades, Malibu and who knows what other majestic points north.

Now if you have ever been to Maui and driven along the coast by Lahaina and Ka'anapali (can you tell I love the beach?), well, my point is that it popped in my mind that the view I mention in the above paragraph is about as close to the view of my memory of the majesty of Maui.  While I love to feel I am a "glass full" kind of gal, my mind then went to what appeared to be the only thing missing.  Can you guess it?  A rainbow.  While I was in Maui, they seemed oh so plentiful.

Now if you are about my age, your mind may then have quickly moved from rainbow to searching for a rainbow and hey, there's a song called "Searchin' For A Rainbow" by the Marshall Tucker Band.  I loved them.  Haven't heard them in so long.  Their music was a welcome companion through much of the 70's for me.  So, I thought let me Google the song.  Sure enough, I could find it on YouTube.  And it is my pleasure to share it with you here.

Video #1, Marshall Tucker Band - Searchin' For A Rainbow



BTW:  Hearing this song again after such a long time put such a smile on my face.  It was like I couldn't help it.  Plus, I had totally forgot about the "pot o'gold" thing that is mystically tied to rainbows.  Does it count that when I was at El Porto yesterday I found a plastic container washed up on shore that was filled with a bunch of gold-foiled covered pieces of chocolates that were fashioned to look like gold JFK coins?  So I didn't find a rainbow but I sort of found a "pot o' gold".  Hmmm!

Video #2, Fire On The Mountain, Marshall Tucker



Video #3, Fire On The Mountain (Marshall Tucker Cover Band)



Video #4, Desiree Bassett, 15 year old young lady plays lead with the Marshall Tucker Band



Video #5,  Desiree' Bassett - Layla



Video #6, All Along The Watchtower

No comments:

Post a Comment