Sunday, January 31, 2010

Suggestions Welcome

When I first created this blog on a rare, rainy day in the South Bay of L.A., I intended to have plenty of readers happy to see what I share and willing to offer suggestions.  Since, I forgot I had requested suggestions until I recently started receiving some.  So, before anything 1) thanks so much to those who have suggested videos for my viewing pleasure and 2) what a great reminder that the Universe remembers even if you don't.

My first suggestion created a much appreciated "Rainbow Connection".  Thank you, Mr. Bassett.  The suggestion I write about here is a video created in honor of love for Planet Earth, which I find a little hard to have any reaction to but, "of course!".  Thank you, engineersinyourear.  Oh, and it really in my mind must not go without saying, thank you, YouTube.  I'm more or less convinced you can find a video on just about anything on YouTube.  With that...

Let's Play!

Video #1, Planet Earth



Before we proceed, did you realize that the word "earth" and the word "heart" have the same letters?  If you take the "h" from the word "heart" and move it to the end of the word, you have "earth".   I noticed this sometime back.  I even created a t-shirt design in honor of this connection.  Click here if you wish to buy any items with this design.

In the "never know what you're gonna get" column, I chose video #2 because it had the same title thinking because it was a different channel wasn't actually the same video.  It is.  Watch it again if you like.  Otherwisse, skip to video #3.

Video #2, Planet Earth



Video #3, On The Planet Earth (original ukulele song)



of the related videos, I just had to pick the one I chose for #4.  The artist is one of my FaceBook Friends.

Video #4,  Ululele weeps by Jake Shimabukuro



Wow!  This is kismet.  Last night for the first time I heard this tribute to George Harrison of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" performed at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame that included George Harrison's son, Dhani, Tom Petty and Prince to name a few.  It's not until about the last third of the performance where you really see or realize Prince is part of this amazing tribute.  Then he kicks into gear at the end with this kick-ass guitar performance.  And now today, this same performance ends up being one of the related videos of my game.  All I can say is, "Awesome and Appreciation!"  Enjoy!

Video #5,  Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - George Harrison Tribute - While My Guitar Gently Weeps



Video #6, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Phil Collins and Elton John



Video #6 had to be chosen.  What can I say, I love me some E.C.?

No comments:

Post a Comment