Friday, January 29, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

A week ago I pleasured myself (mentally) with the mind links (that's right...the mind is the ultimate erogenous zone) that had me reconnect with an old friend, the song, Searchin' For A Rainbow, by the Marshall Tucker Band.  As happens and in my mind is part of the fun of this game and blogging about it, is I never know what new thing it will bring into my awareness.  In this instance I was made aware of a young, female guitar player by the name of Desiree' Bassett.  In this video Desiree' at the young age of 15 was already playing on stage with the current members of the Marshall Tucker Band.  And delightfully holding her own, I might add.

One of the things I love about the internet is it literally puts you within palpable reach of connecting with just about anyone on the planet, whether you've met them before or not.  I'm going to assume Google Alert has something to do with Ms. Bassett's father (also her manager, promoter, guitar teacher and most likely #1 fan) reading my blog and sending me a video of Desiree' rockin' out to a rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".  This makes our connection literally a "Rainbow Connection".  Hmmmm...great name for a song.  Wait!  I see it's been done.  In fact, Willie Nelson has covered this song originally performed by that delightful green character, Kermit the Frog.

In honor of our connection, I start today's game with the video Dan Bassett so graciously shared with me.  Let's Play!

Video #1, Desiree' Bassett - Rockin' in Rehearsal 11-2009



Video #2, Sammy Hagar & Desiree'Bassett, MGM, Foxwoods, 7-20-08



Video #3, 1985 Sammy Hagar & Eddie Van Halen "Rock and Roll" Farm Aid



Video #4, Van Halen Pretty Woman LIVE



Video #5, Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING AND HAD TO BE DONE, EH?



Video #6, Legends of Rock and Roll - All Star Jam



Ahhhh!  Music for my soul.

Just 'cuz I can, I am going to include a version of the Rainbow Connection with Kermit the Frog and Debbie Harry.  BONUS!



Okay.  How can I have a "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" blog post without including the awesome rendition by IZ?  I know!  What about Dorothy's alter ego, Judy Garland's version from the Wizard of Oz?  Sorry Dorothy.  I have to draw the line somewhere even if you have the singing voice of an angel.  Okay, I don't have to but I am.

Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole 'IZ' 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment